Solved

If users did X event , yes or no

• 27 March 2020
  • 3 replies

@stephanie - I’m trying to do something similar

I want to simply track login events - but I only want to know at the daily level, did you log in today yes or no.  I then want to look back over the month and see a histogram of how many days people logged in.  I then want to look back over X months to see when we look at our entire user base, with what type of frequency are people logging in.  I was able to do this through sql and excel, but I’d like to be able to create a report in MP that I can share with others.  Here’s what the final product looked like

icon

Best answer by thomasdrach 8 April 2020, 01:18

Hi, I’m afraid the Frequency report won’t get you exactly what you’re looking for (0 logins, or a histogram). Though we do have some exciting things coming up that will help you do this type of analysis (including with distributions and histograms). 

As for what the “size” column represents. That represents the unique users in that cohort. So the unique users that did your login event in that month (or whatever the row is labeled as).

Let me know if you have any follow up thoughts on this.

View original

3 replies

Badge

Hi, I think I understand what you’re trying to do, let me take a stab at this. 

Mixpanel offers a “Frequency” report, where you select an event and it will give you a table of the frequency of that event over a certain period of time.

If you go to the main “Analysis” navigation, then go to “Retention”, there should be two icons, which switch between modes. One of which should say “Frequency”. 

Here, you should be able to select your login event in this case. Then, on the table visualization, it seems like you want a 6 month time-scale, select 6 months on the left. Then I would select Monthly on the right dropdown, which will give you a monthly breakdown of the event.

This isn’t an exactly the bar chart you’re looking for. But, this will give you the frequency of someone who did your login event, over 6 months, broken down by month.

Let me know if this doesn’t fully solve your use case! 

@thomasdrach - thanks for the reply

Here’s what i get when i do what you suggest: 

This doesn’t really get me what I need.

• It’s missing users with 0 login events
  • It’s missing users with 1 login event
  • It’s not able to histogram (bucket say 3-5 login days together)

do you have ideas about how I can do something like that?

additionally - do you know what the ‘Size’ column is counting? users with a single ‘event’ (login)? If that’s true, then in November - 36,490 logged in at least once, and since the 2 days value =74.20% - this means that 25.8% of 36,490 only logged in once?

Badge

Hi, I’m afraid the Frequency report won’t get you exactly what you’re looking for (0 logins, or a histogram). Though we do have some exciting things coming up that will help you do this type of analysis (including with distributions and histograms). 

As for what the “size” column represents. That represents the unique users in that cohort. So the unique users that did your login event in that month (or whatever the row is labeled as).

Let me know if you have any follow up thoughts on this.