Solved

How to view WAU as a metric chart type?

I used the built-in WAU function to create a graph under “Insights”. However, when I view the graph on a dashboard, the only chart options available are “Line” and “Stacked Line.” I want to view WAU as a metric chart type instead, complete with the comparison to prior period. Is this possible?

icon

Best answer by mattsmith 28 May 2020, 15:41

Hi @claireanalyzer 

Ah sorry my mistake, but most of my points still stand.

WAU currently is not supported as a metric on dashboards as it is a more advanced calculation in the Insights report, so we are still working on bringing this functionality to Dashboards.

The chart types supported on dashboards are listed in our help center article here, but as you have found there are still some different use cases where metric isn’t supported for certain Insights reports.

Thanks a lot,

Matt

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi @claireanalyzer 

Unfortunately at the moment this is a gap in the functionality in Dashboards, as only certain report types are supported.

It is always possible to click through to view the full report from a dashboard, which will show you the WAU. You can also send direct links to reports using the short link functionality by using the button in the bottom right corner of any page or reports in your project;

This link will go directly to any report, regardless of whether it’s saved or tagged to a dashboard.

The team here are aware of the gaps with dashboards and are constantly looking to make improvements here, so I would expect this to be improved soon.

Thanks a lot,

Matt

Thank you @mattsmith !

I actually can view WAU as a line graph on my dashboard. The issue is that the chart type options are limited and I don’t understand why. 

Is there any logic around when I can use “metric” chart type on an Insights report? I haven’t been able to figure out a pattern around why I can choose it sometimes but not other times. Does it have to do with whether a formula is used in the report or something?

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi @claireanalyzer 

Ah sorry my mistake, but most of my points still stand.

WAU currently is not supported as a metric on dashboards as it is a more advanced calculation in the Insights report, so we are still working on bringing this functionality to Dashboards.

The chart types supported on dashboards are listed in our help center article here, but as you have found there are still some different use cases where metric isn’t supported for certain Insights reports.

Thanks a lot,

Matt

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hi @claireanalyzer , adding to what Matt said, we are going to work on this shortly and can ping you when we have an early version ready to get your feedback.

Keep the questions coming!

@moinakb amazing, that would be great. Thanks!