Sticky Solved

How to track the adoption of the latest version?

• 23 April 2022
  • 6 replies

I want to be able to see the adoption of the latest version of our mobile app. I can see that there is a build number event property that we could use for the same. So in theory if I could get the count of the max value out of a bunch of values, I should be able to generate the report that I want. Just not sure how I can implement it using Mixpanel. Thanks!

Eg for a better understanding of what I want,

Say we have 10 users,

Version Users
4 7
5 2
2 1

I want to be able to see that 2 / 10 users have adopted the latest version. i.e 20%

icon

Best answer by Jaz-CommunityManager 30 May 2022, 10:53

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi @Sarthak Mishra you can achieve this with a breakdown on an insights report or even funnel report. I’ve made an example for you here https://mixpanel.com/s/4brt3K. Let me know if this helps?

Hi @Sarthak Mishra you can achieve this with a breakdown on an insights report or even funnel report. I’ve made an example for you here https://mixpanel.com/s/4brt3K. Let me know if this helps?

That does not answer the question, I am looking for a way to get the count of the largest number from a bunch of numbers spread across different events.

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

@Sarthak Mishra I understand, I’m not sure it will do the largest number but you could use the data functions to look at the maximum find it then play around with the visualisations with a table or a pie? Is this any closer to what you are looking for?

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

@Sarthak Mishra does my post above help?

@Sarthak Mishra does my post above help?

It does return the max version, but I am unable to get its percentage out of the total users. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi @Sarthak Mishra did changing the visualisation to a bar or pie work for you? In the top right of the chart you can change from number to percentage and the table below should also show the numbers you need