Solved

How to track potential customers with 0 purchases?

• 2 March 2020
  • 1 reply

If I search for users with less than 1 purchase in the 'Explore’ function, Mixpanel will show me all the tracked users with 0 purchases. However, I can't visualize these users. For all the users with more than 0 purchases, a property '# of Purchases’ is added to the user's info. How and when can I track my new users with 0 purchases best, so I can visualize potential new customers? 

icon

Best answer by stephanie 5 March 2020, 23:23

Hi @doortje_fresh,

I am understanding that only users who make a purchase in your product get the “# of Purchases” property added to their user profile properties? Thus makes it difficult to see users in the Explore report who have not purchased anything? Before diving into your question I want to make sure my assumption is correct. If not, maybe with more details on your use case I can help better.

Going of what you have shared, I believe Cohorts is a good way to keep track of users who have “# of Purchases” less than 1. Cohorts defines groups of users who share a set of properties or have performed a particular group of events. When you create a cohort, you can use it to group and filter data in the Analysis reports. You can also use cohorts to target groups of users in Messages.

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hi @doortje_fresh,

I am understanding that only users who make a purchase in your product get the “# of Purchases” property added to their user profile properties? Thus makes it difficult to see users in the Explore report who have not purchased anything? Before diving into your question I want to make sure my assumption is correct. If not, maybe with more details on your use case I can help better.

Going of what you have shared, I believe Cohorts is a good way to keep track of users who have “# of Purchases” less than 1. Cohorts defines groups of users who share a set of properties or have performed a particular group of events. When you create a cohort, you can use it to group and filter data in the Analysis reports. You can also use cohorts to target groups of users in Messages.