Solved

How to segment user based on RFM

• 3 March 2020
  • 3 replies

How to segment user based on [Recency, Frequency, and Monetary] (RFM) analysis

icon

Best answer by stephanie 11 March 2020, 20:03

Hi @anasemadmix,

We don't have anything 'out of the box' for this, however, if you're tracking RFM scores on your end you can include them as properties in Mixpanel and be able to segment them.

If you would like to request and out of the box feature within Mixpanel, you can post an idea for this as well here

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hi @anasemadmix,

We don't have anything 'out of the box' for this, however, if you're tracking RFM scores on your end you can include them as properties in Mixpanel and be able to segment them.

If you would like to request and out of the box feature within Mixpanel, you can post an idea for this as well here

@stephanie Is there a specific documentation that you can point on how to segment users based on properties? Is it necessary to be on a specific plan to group users based on properties? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hi @ttom,

Taking a slight step back, by segmenting I mean breakdown or filter a reports by the RFM score property to get helpful analysis - sorry if it was confusing!

I want to share our Analysis section of our help docs, which shares all articles on how to build an Analysis report - usually article titled “Build X report” will share how you can filter or breakdown a report if possible. For example here is how to breakdown or filter an Insights report.  Also, you may have seen this but I want to share our Guide to Mixpanel Analysis which shares more in depth how you can do other types of analysis in reports.

Regarding you second question, if you are on our new MTU plans there should be no limit on which report you can use as it include all core analytics and exploratory reports

One thing that could be limiting is the data history that comes with each report. For example, if you have a Starter Free MTU Plan, you will only have access to 90 days of data history. To see other major differentiators per plan, you can take a look at our pricing page here

Hope this helps!