Question

How to distinguish users who are retargeted by paid channels from users who come back organically?

• 4 August 2019
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I wonder if there is way to distinguish users who are retargeted by paid channels from users who come back organically? Reason is that it seems our retention rate is increasing over time but we recently started spending more on Facebook remarketing that lead to increasing retention rate. So I would like to filter out those who have been retargeted by paid channels from retention rate. We use Appsflyer btw.

Thanks in advance

Simpson

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Hi @simpsonsim! Stephanie here from the Community Team!

Currently there is not a way to exclude certain events or properties from our Retentions report. I think this is a great feedback on our available features. Mind posting this in the Ideas section (rather than Q&A) so that it can get some votes from the community and better visibility from our product team? Also, when you post as an Idea, you can follow the Idea and receive emailed updates on the progress.

As a slight workaround, you can create a custom event and in which you add the filters that you need. Then you can use the custom event on the Retention report to help exclude the data from being counted.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thank you, Stephanie

I have posted this on Idea.

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

@simpsonsim It looks like your Idea routed back to our Q&A section. I have gone ahead and posted and the Idea on your behalf here.

In addition, we filed a product gap on your behalf with our Engineering and Product Development team. Make sure you are following this Idea - via the button in the upper right hand corner - to get emailed updates on its progress.