Solved

How to create DAU with multiple conditions with "AND" or "OR"?

• 20 March 2020
  • 5 replies

Badge

I would like to create DAU based on users doing 1. event:ViewPage1 OR 2. event:BuyProduct2 OR both.  I added both events in the Insights Report but I cannot find the way to put conditions “OR” there.  Or do I create it at the wrong place?

icon

Best answer by chizhang 23 March 2020, 23:08

Hi Noom,

You can first create a cohort of users that have done both events in the past day:

And then in Insights, you can look at the number of users in that cohort over time (each day), which is also the DAU.

Let us know if this helps with your need.

Best,

Chi

View original

5 replies

You can do that by creating a custom event.

First, go to the event dropdown. The bottom button should be “Create Custom Event”.

Choose your events and save, and you should be able to see DAU from the combination of those events.

Badge

@mavlee Thank you very much, You have answered my question.   I do have another question on top of this one.  What about if I want to see the number with AND condition?  Only count if somebody do 1. event:ViewPage1 AND 2. event:BuyProduct2 ?

Badge

I have use case as below:

Definition of DAU:  "anyone who 1.”do X”  OR 2. “do Y"

Scenario is as below table

Activities and DAU

How do I define DAU, WAU and MAU for this use case in Mixpanel?

What if I want to change condition from “OR” to “AND”?

Hi Noom,

You can first create a cohort of users that have done both events in the past day:

And then in Insights, you can look at the number of users in that cohort over time (each day), which is also the DAU.

Let us know if this helps with your need.

Best,

Chi

Badge

@chizhang Thanks, this is just what I need. :)