Solved

How do you extend the number of reports in Email Digest?

• 28 June 2020
  • 9 replies

Badge

I want the Email Digest to show all reports of my dashboard and not cut it off. Is that possible? And is it possible to remove the “go to dashboard” CTA? 

icon

Best answer by mattsmith 25 January 2021, 12:49

Hi @alistair.prestidge 

The plan is to have the option to send out email digests to non-Mixpanel users, without the ability to click through to the reports. This means you can send out KPIs and other metrics, without risking any users accidentally clicking through and sending a request to your project owner for access.

To clarify, even if a non-Mixpanel user receives an email digest from you now, and they click on the report within the email, they won’t get access to your project or see any other data.

Thanks,

Matt

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi @Sebastiaan 

Unfortunately these options are not configurable within the Email Digest in your project, reports are limited to top 8, and the button will remain in the email to take the recipient to your dashboard.

Can I ask what the reason is behind wanting to remove this button?

Thanks,

Matt

Badge

Hi Matt,

I want to show dashboards to external customers, without having them to click/edit anything. So an email would also work, but the email only shows 8 reports, but my dashboard has 25+

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Ah ok.

Then yes unfortunately the digest does have limited functionality here. It would be limited to 8 dashboard reports, but if the user does not have access to your project then they would not be able to click, edit, or amend any of your reports. Even if they don’t have a Mixpanel account they can still receive the email.

I would like this feature too. I would like to send reports to external people and definitely more than 8 graphs.

Is there any plan to increase the number of available graphs at the very least. This is quite restricting for me and I really don’t want to manually pull the data out and create my own graphs this would defy the reason I use mixpanel.

Thanks

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi @alistair.prestidge 

There are plans in our product roadmap to enhance dashboard functionality in terms of card customisations, and also a feature we are working on called “Public Dashboards and Reports”. Once we have beta tested this we will work on a rollout plan to all our customers, so expect this to be coming in the next few months.

Thanks a lot,

Matt

@Sebastiaan too for an update on this topic

Thanks @mattsmith that’s great news. Do you have any details on the specific features for both of these?

From my side the public dashboards may not work unless I can restrict who can see them (and them not be a mixpanel user) as the data is still personal that I would like to share and should not be made public to the world just to specific people.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi @alistair.prestidge 

The plan is to have the option to send out email digests to non-Mixpanel users, without the ability to click through to the reports. This means you can send out KPIs and other metrics, without risking any users accidentally clicking through and sending a request to your project owner for access.

To clarify, even if a non-Mixpanel user receives an email digest from you now, and they click on the report within the email, they won’t get access to your project or see any other data.

Thanks,

Matt

@mattsmith Thanks. That’s great news. One last question for now.  Will there be a limitation on the number of graphs that can be emailed out in this way? At the moment it is 8 I think

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

@alistair.prestidge unfortunately I don’t have an answer on that right now, the product feature is still being developed and worked on so the final specs are still to be decided.

Mixpanel