Solved

How do I share reports between projects

• 21 August 2019
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge

The context is that we have a mobile app that has multiple environments (DEV, SANDBOX, PRE-PRODUCTION, PRODUCTION). The app itself is identical, but the data for all the different variants is isolated and lives on different servers and databases.

In order to separate the analytics from the different builds, we have created one Mixpanel project for each build. Whenever I define a report, I want the report definition to be present in all the different mixpanel projects I have created. The data will, of course, be different, but I need the report itself to be shared so that I don't need to redefine the report across all projects.

Is this possible? If not, is there any other way of achieving what I need?

icon

Best answer by stephanie 26 August 2019, 19:28

Hi @vinay_obvious,

Unfortunately, each project is independent of each other so you will not be able to move saved report searches across projects. You would have to recreate the reports from scratch in your other projects.

I think this is a great feedback for our saved reports! Mind posting this in the ideas section (rather than Q&A) so that it can get some votes from the community and better visibility from our product team? Adding the topic tag of "Saved Reports" or "Move Across projects" might also help for better search-ability.

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hi @vinay_obvious,

Unfortunately, each project is independent of each other so you will not be able to move saved report searches across projects. You would have to recreate the reports from scratch in your other projects.

I think this is a great feedback for our saved reports! Mind posting this in the ideas section (rather than Q&A) so that it can get some votes from the community and better visibility from our product team? Adding the topic tag of "Saved Reports" or "Move Across projects" might also help for better search-ability.