Question

How do I segment out users from organic search engine traffic?

• 18 June 2020
  • 2 replies

I want to understand the value of driving traffic to my website through SEO work. Do do that, I need to know the conversion rate on specific events and the ASP of products in-app from people who come in exclusively from organic search traffic. In Google Analytics its really easy to see that, but I can’t figure it out here.

Even if its Google traffic without UTM parameters since we set source/medium/campaign for all of our paid ads from that channel. 

2 replies

You can try to use sitechecker tool. I always use website reliability checker to done some analysis on traffic and other important seo parameters. I hope that it will help you.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hey @lrobinson 

You can do this through Mixpanel by adding some UTM tags straight into your tracking code.

This works in exactly the same way as it would for Google Analytics, and once done you will see the UTM properties stored against your users within your Mixpanel project.

For your example you would want to focus on the “Organic” utm_source property, which you could use to create Cohorts, Funnels, and Insights reports to see whether users who came through this source were making purchases, moving through your funnels, and converting more (or less) than others.

If you need help or guidance with setting up the UTM tags you can ask over in the Implementing Mixpanel pages of the Community and our team will be happy to help.

Thanks a lot

Matt