Solved

How do I filter insights by a sum of event values?

• 16 June 2020
  • 3 replies

I am attempting to filter users by summing the integer value of an event.

For a purchase event, I want to sum the cost and find out if the user has spent more than X in a specified date range. I want to filter only users that fit this criteria. I have managed to list these by using the aggregate, but I’m not sure how to filter by the sum.

Can you help me set this up in insights please?

icon

Best answer by moinakb 25 February 2021, 16:25

@ynosenko Could you share a link to a report? 

Filtering a report down by values (e.g. show me avg spend broken down by city, but only show cities that have avg spend value > 100) is still on the roadmap and if that is what you are after, I’ll keep you posted when that is ready, but if you are only looking to filter down a report by “users that spent more than $100 between May 15 - May 22”, that is now supported with a new Cohort builder experience like this:

This new experience is still in a beta, so if you’d like to try this out, please send us a message on insights@mixpanel.com and we will get you set up.

Best,

Moinak

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

@ynosenko Could you share a link to a report? 

Filtering a report down by values (e.g. show me avg spend broken down by city, but only show cities that have avg spend value > 100) is still on the roadmap and if that is what you are after, I’ll keep you posted when that is ready, but if you are only looking to filter down a report by “users that spent more than $100 between May 15 - May 22”, that is now supported with a new Cohort builder experience like this:

This new experience is still in a beta, so if you’d like to try this out, please send us a message on insights@mixpanel.com and we will get you set up.

Best,

Moinak

Update: never mind … I was looking at a string property. Is see greater than on an integer.

///

@moinakb Any updates on this one?

I have a similar use case where I want to show a report where page load time was over 30 seconds. I don’t see a “greater than” option in the filters.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hi @Midnite - unfortunately, this isn’t supported at this moment, but is on our short term roadmap, so stay tuned!

I’ll update this thread when this is supported as a beta.

Best,

Moinak

Product @ Mixpanel 

Mixpanel