Question

How do I create a funnel report that captures step completion/skipping and drop-off when almost all questions are skippable?

• 23 April 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi everyone!

As the question says, I’m trying to create a funnel report that shows me what % of people completed a step vs. skipped a step vs. dropped off throughout my entire funnel. To give you an example, let’s say my funnel has 5 steps A through E, and all steps except step C are skippable. What would I need to do to be able to see a path of A-->B-->C-->D-->E when there’s essentially two options (complete or skip) for all steps except C? I tried doing “Event Comparison”, but with the amount of steps in my funnel the graph just gets too unintuitive at first glance. If this is not able to be achieved in one report, what combination of reports that I can organize together on a dashboard would you say lends itself best to what I’m trying to achieve?

1 reply

Badge

Hey gus99,

I think it may be best to give our Conversion Flows Beta a shot.  Could you please reach out to your Account Team or email us directly at funnels@mixpanel.com if you’d like to be included, and we will gladly extend you early access to this feature in exchange for your feedback on how to improve it, especially as it pertains to your usecase!

Mixpanel