Question

How can I see which users in a segmentation have generated some given events in the last X days?

• 8 February 2019
  • 1 reply

Badge
  • New Participant
  • 0 replies

I'm developing an app for sending short video messages. We have an Account <--> User structure in the application, so an account can be a company (customer) and it's users are their employees.

Now, to figure out the health of the account, we'd like to see which of the users have completed a number of events the last X days or months.

To generate a table with a user and which events it has completed per row would be perfect. How can we do that with Mixpanel? We have registered all the events already, we just need to figure out how to extract them in a table view.

BONUS: To make things more complicated, we have a web application and a mobile app, and we'd like to be able to see which events have been completed each of the apps.

It could look something like this:

Account "Example.com"

UserLogged in (web)Recorded video (web)Send video (web)Logged in (mobile)... (more events)
john@example.comNeverNever
Never
2019-01-14 11:25

lisa@example.com
2019-01-10 10:002019-01-10 10:20
2019-01-10 10:25
2019-01-20 14:45

1 reply

Badge

This issue might be solved by using JQL. You can read more about JQL in mixpanel here.

I'm not sure what is your mixpanel project structure but here is an example of similar request:

<code>

function activeUsers() {
return People()
.filter(function(user){
return user.properties.logged_in_web < new Date("2018-07-01");
})
}

</code>

Response to this request will be sent in JSON format, which might be further converted to table view.

Mixpanel