Solved

How can I get Mixpanel to show only one data/row for each customer who uses different browsers?

• 17 March 2020
  • 1 reply

Badge

I use email as a unique ID for each customer.  When I look at Users/Explore, I can see many rows with the same email. After looking at each one of these, Mixpanel broke down the same email into several rows by the browsers that the customer used. 
Then when I use cohort to analyze data (ex. who does not log in during 7-day period), I cannot get the correct analysis.  I get results (of the same unique ID/email) in both criteria (a.does NOT login during 7-day and b. does login during 7-day).  This is due to a customer uses one browser more than the others.

Is there anyway to manage this, so I can see result for one customer as a single row disregard of what and how many browser he/she uses?

icon

Best answer by noom 20 March 2020, 05:44

I’ve just found out that the USER_ID has not been set when calling “mixpanel.people.set()”.  That’s why I have many records for one user’s email.

View original

1 reply

Badge

I’ve just found out that the USER_ID has not been set when calling “mixpanel.people.set()”.  That’s why I have many records for one user’s email.