Question

Hide certain events from Live View and People Profile feed

• 29 May 2019
  • 5 replies

Badge

We have some events which are useful for aggregated reports and stats we generate by pulling data using the API, but are just noise when looking at the live feed or people profile. I'd like to reduce what is shown in this view so it's just the higher-level behaviors and not every event.

Basically the inverse of what hiding events in Lexicon does, which hides in Reports but not in the feeds.

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @TupleJoel, I believe their LiveView report is used for testing/debugging your implementation or QA testing. If you do not want to see certain events that are coming in, I believe you can filter on the top left corner of the report by event or property and save it. This will filter out the specific event/property you are looking for. Hope this helps you out!

Badge

Yeah, looks like you can whitelist events in the Live View, which is good. I actually care more about the People Profile though, especially as it is exposed to integrations (in my case Help Scout).

We have some events which are useful for aggregated reports and stats we generate by pulling data using the API, but are just noise when looking at the live feed or people profile. I'd like to reduce what is shown in this view so it's just the higher-level behaviors and not every event.

Basically the inverse of what hiding events in Lexicon does, which hides in Reports but not in the feeds.

Hej, @tuplejoel, I faced the same problem, tell me, did you manage to solve this problem somehow?

@tuplejoel 

Badge

Sorry, I wasn’t able to fine a workaround.

Mixpanel