Question

Health score via Group Analytics

• 22 September 2020
  • 1 reply

Hello, folks!

I’m looking for advice and ideally an example of the solution would help me do the thing that I need. The thing that I need is basically a health score or healthiness indicator for companies (not users), which means using Group Analytics.

This is what Cherise from Mixpanel team mentioned in the feature request here.

With Group Analytics, B2B companies can tell which accounts are healthy, which are at-risk, and see how product usage impacts account health. 

Has anybody figured out a way how to monitor healthiness of the accounts via Group Analytics? For example, is it possible to simply do something like “percentage of active users in the last 30 days” on the company profile and then filter by that? Or set up notifications about companies that are at risk after being inactive for some time? Basically some sort of activity aggregations upon the company profile that would aggregate over the users that are in that company?

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hey @Bolek Kerous —

I’d love to hear what other users have done, but also wanted to chime in to get you started!

Is it possible to simply do something like “percentage of active users in the last 30 days” on the company profile and then filter by that?

The important part here is to define what “active users” is — this can look really different from company to company. For an ecommerce site it may look like “Item viewed” whereas a different company may consider their active users by app visits.   From there, you can pull the event into Insights, and where with regular analytics you can breakdown your report by the company profile property (assuming this is recorded as an event property), with group analytics you can aggregate your data by the company profile instead of at the user level.

Or set up notifications about companies that are at risk after being inactive for some time? Basically some sort of activity aggregations upon the company profile that would aggregate over the users that are in that company?

Yes! you could use Insights and breakdown by the customer profile to see different segments. From there, you could set up a custom alert, documented here. If you are using Group Analytics, then these custom alerts would be set at the company level.