Solved

Funnels - Who did not convert?

• 25 March 2020
  • 3 replies

Forgive me if this is being asked in the wrong place. I’m somewhat new to mixpanel.

You’ll see in the graphic below, of the 538 people who began this process, only 448 completed it. While that information is valuable, what we’re looking to understand is the Name/ID of those who didn’t make it though (90 people). I don’t believe this is the correct report to generate that information, but any broad suggestions on where to begin would be helpful. Thank you.

If these are pages A, B, C and D, know that we also have a Profile Property on the user with their Name/ID which can translate to an understanding of who didn’t convert. I’m just unclear on how to tie it all together, or which report I should run to get it (I’m assuming it’s an insights report).

icon

Best answer by thomasdrach 25 March 2020, 23:03

Hey! Thanks for reaching out. I’m a designer here at Mixpanel.

This looks like a Funnels Dashboard card. This is great for getting a quick look at your Funnel, but if you go into the report itself, you might get a few more answers. 

To go to the Funnels report, click the report title (at the top of the card). This should bring you into Funnels report. Once you’re there, look at your Funnel chart. You’ll see a lightly shaded bar, this is your “dropoffs”, or people who didn’t convert in your Funnel. 

You can create a Cohort by clicking the lightly shaded bar, then you should see a little info card, with an option to “Create Cohort”. This will be a list of the unique users that did not convert in your Funnel, and should get you what you’re looking for! 

Let me know if this isn’t what you were looking for, or didn’t work out for you.

View original

3 replies

Badge

Hey! Thanks for reaching out. I’m a designer here at Mixpanel.

This looks like a Funnels Dashboard card. This is great for getting a quick look at your Funnel, but if you go into the report itself, you might get a few more answers. 

To go to the Funnels report, click the report title (at the top of the card). This should bring you into Funnels report. Once you’re there, look at your Funnel chart. You’ll see a lightly shaded bar, this is your “dropoffs”, or people who didn’t convert in your Funnel. 

You can create a Cohort by clicking the lightly shaded bar, then you should see a little info card, with an option to “Create Cohort”. This will be a list of the unique users that did not convert in your Funnel, and should get you what you’re looking for! 

Let me know if this isn’t what you were looking for, or didn’t work out for you.

Thanks @thomasdrach. Worked like a charm. I selected the last bar, which allowed me to create a cohort of users from the previous steps, or just that step. I selected users from all steps, then went over to Users > Cohorts > Ellipse > View Users > Voila!

Is that correct? 

Badge

Great work, you nailed it! 

Follow up if there’s any other questions or thoughts you have.