Solved

Frequency report - I have differences with the collected data

• 14 July 2020
  • 2 replies

Hi everyone,

I want to know what is the frequency of weekly use of one of my events.
I am interested in knowing the percentage of users who send the event 4 days or more (not necessarily consecutive) within a week.

But analyzing the results, I found that in certain cases clients send 4 events on different days of the week and this is not recorded by the frequency report.
I want to know how the frequency report works, and if I am making a mistake in my filters.

I attach some images of the result of the frequency report and the data that reaches the mix panel of a specific user.
The user is called "Ronda Ronda".

In this example I am analyzing the events of "Comunicado Normal" in the period from 06/29 to 07/05.

From what I can see from the report, it hits 3 events this week.

But when I see all the events that came to mix panel for this specific user, I notice that it received events in 4 days of that week.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by ian 21 July 2020, 01:20

Great question and thanks for the detailed screenshots!

The reason it’s only showing three in the report is because the 24 hour windows are respective to the time of the first Comunicado Normal event.

In the Ronda Ronda example, the first event happened at 4:55pm on June 30th.  So the windows are:

4:55pm on June 30th to 4:55pm on July 1st

4:55pm on July 1st to 4:55pm July 2nd

and so forth.

If two events fall into the same 24 hour window, they will count as one which is the case with the events on July 1st and July 2nd as they’re within the same window.

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

The reason it’s only showing three in the report is because the 24 hour windows are respective to the time of the first Comunicado Normal event.

In the Ronda Ronda example, the first event happened at 4:55pm on June 30th.  So the windows are:

and so forth.

If two events fall into the same 24 hour window, they will count as one which is the case with the events on July 1st and July 2nd as they’re within the same window.

and so forth.

Hello Ian,

Thanks for your answer, it has become super clear to me.

All the best!