Solved

Find event properties that "go together"

• 18 February 2020
  • 6 replies

Hi, I have an event for banner clicks, and the banner name (I have multiple banners) as a property on it.

I want to identify banners that ‘go together’, i.e. banners that users tend to click on both (or more) of them.

Is that possible? Tried using the Retention report but it only broke it down by users who click thw same exact banner and that’s not what I’m looking for.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by stephanie 4 March 2020, 22:23

@Oferfive ack I see, thanks for that clarification. My Suggestion would be to use our Flows report to identify the most frequent paths taken by users.

Since it sounds like you would like to zoom into the Banner event, you can hide events you do not want to see in your Flows to get a more simplified and clear view. Additionally, you can expand an event by its property to look at the property attached to the event - in your case it can be the “banner name” property. 

Going back to my music example, I wanted to share how I would zoom into my Song Play event and expand by song artist property to see what composers my users are frequently listening to and playing after (picture below). Please note that I changed my history to 6 months instead of the 3 months.

Looks like Bach and Pachelbel are some of the higher rankers

Additionally,  I wanted to mention if you wanted to do further analysis to look at conversion of your users between certain events, you can user our Funnels reports. Below I shared a report where I looked at the total conversion between a user who played a Bach song and then went on to play a Pachelbel song. 

Hope this helps! 

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hi @Oferfive,

You can use the Insights to see total clicks of these banners by properties (either total or unique count). For example, you can segment the report by the Banner event, and either filter or breakdown by the property to see how many clicks it has gotten. 

Below I have shared and example on how I filtered for a specific Song Artist on event A and event B (green box). On event C (yellow box), I just looked at the general Song Play event and breakdown by the event property of Song Artist to see all my top performing artist that are played. This is also within the last 30 days (orange box). 

Hope this helps get to your answer! 

Hi @stephanie, thanks a lot for taking the time to reply :) 

Maybe my post wasn’t clear enough, or maybe I don’t understand properly what is your suggested solution, but I currently don’t see how it is answering my need.

What I’m trying to understand is what banners tend to be clicked together. Meaning, in your example - it will be like trying to understand for each composer - who are the other composers that users tend to listen to, in addition to him.

Is what you’re suggesting helping me with that?

Ofer

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

@Oferfive ack I see, thanks for that clarification. My Suggestion would be to use our Flows report to identify the most frequent paths taken by users.

Since it sounds like you would like to zoom into the Banner event, you can hide events you do not want to see in your Flows to get a more simplified and clear view. Additionally, you can expand an event by its property to look at the property attached to the event - in your case it can be the “banner name” property. 

Going back to my music example, I wanted to share how I would zoom into my Song Play event and expand by song artist property to see what composers my users are frequently listening to and playing after (picture below). Please note that I changed my history to 6 months instead of the 3 months.

Looks like Bach and Pachelbel are some of the higher rankers

Additionally,  I wanted to mention if you wanted to do further analysis to look at conversion of your users between certain events, you can user our Funnels reports. Below I shared a report where I looked at the total conversion between a user who played a Bach song and then went on to play a Pachelbel song. 

Hope this helps! 

Thanks @stephanie, your first suggestion is extremely helpful!

This is almost exactly what I was looking for.

Just one question - are the flows shown limited to the same session, or is it all across the selected time range?

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

@Oferfive the flows example I shared is within the selected time range 

Thank you so much :)