Solved

Find date that a user did an event for the first time

• 28 March 2020
  • 2 replies

Badge

Is it possible to make a report that list the date that each user did a specific event (ex. login)for the first time? 

icon

Best answer by stephanie 30 March 2020, 23:58

Hi @noom,

Our Insights report allows you to analyze your user data as a current snapshot or as a trend over time. First time events is not something Mixpanel collects by default. Nonetheless, it can be tracked if you set it up to do so. So it is possible to make a chart where only the first occurrence per user of the event "log-in" is only counted.

To set this up, you will need to reach out to your developers to have this 'first time' event property implemented in your code to the “Log-in” event. Once the 'Log-in' event has this 'first time' event property, in the Insights report you will be able to filter to only show this event with this 'first time' event property.

I hope this helps!

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hi @noom,

Our Insights report allows you to analyze your user data as a current snapshot or as a trend over time. First time events is not something Mixpanel collects by default. Nonetheless, it can be tracked if you set it up to do so. So it is possible to make a chart where only the first occurrence per user of the event "log-in" is only counted.

To set this up, you will need to reach out to your developers to have this 'first time' event property implemented in your code to the “Log-in” event. Once the 'Log-in' event has this 'first time' event property, in the Insights report you will be able to filter to only show this event with this 'first time' event property.

I hope this helps!

Badge

@stephanie Thank you for your answer.  :thumbsup: This was exactly what I’d tried and would like to check again if the capability is there.