Solved

Filtering users by “Total revenue” property.

• 2 December 2019
  • 2 replies

Badge

I’m sending the “revenue” property on a few events and Mixpanel correctly shows a “Total revenue” field in the user’s profile page.

However, when querying users (“Users that HAVE”) that property doesn’t show up. Am I missing something? Is that not possible?

icon

Best answer by pamelamart 10 December 2019, 23:43

Hi there @daniel_fondeadora,

I've run into this issue before and I had no idea why I could not find the people property on the Explore report, and I think you might be running into the same thing I was.

After speaking with their support, it turns out the "Total Revenue" user property (stored as a JSON list as $transactions on Mixpanel's backend) is a unique user property that doesn't function like normal user properties. It's purpose is to be used in the Revenue report only, which would mean that you wouldn't be able to to utilize it elsewhere in Mixpanel.

Because the $transactions property can’t be used like other properties, it’s a good idea to create an additional people property called “Lifetime Revenue” (or similar) that you can use for filtering.

I did some looking around and found more information about revenue best practices, and importing revenue data here.

View original

2 replies

Badge

Hi there @daniel_fondeadora,

I've run into this issue before and I had no idea why I could not find the people property on the Explore report, and I think you might be running into the same thing I was.

After speaking with their support, it turns out the "Total Revenue" user property (stored as a JSON list as $transactions on Mixpanel's backend) is a unique user property that doesn't function like normal user properties. It's purpose is to be used in the Revenue report only, which would mean that you wouldn't be able to to utilize it elsewhere in Mixpanel.

Because the $transactions property can’t be used like other properties, it’s a good idea to create an additional people property called “Lifetime Revenue” (or similar) that you can use for filtering.

I did some looking around and found more information about revenue best practices, and importing revenue data here.

Badge

@pamela.mart Thank you! I imagined that would be the case. I got by with the Revenue report.