Solved

Filtering users by event

• 11 February 2020
  • 2 replies

Is there a way to filter users to identify ones that have not done a certain event? I created a report where i can see the emails of users that triggered that event, but i want to be able to see the emails of those not triggering the events.

icon

Best answer by stephanie 11 February 2020, 20:42

@reemelkateb You can do this in the Explore report. There you can add on your event, then click on the user that “did” text to change it to “did not”. This will then pull up the users that did not do [x] events in the last [x] days. Additionally, in the list below, you can change the view to show email or other properties needed. I have attached a screenshot of my dummy project to help see.

You can change to users that “Did Not” in the top left hand corner. To see their email, you can set the user property in list, or any additional properties needed.

I also wanted to share that if you want to save these groups of users, you can do that with Cohorts( you can use the same criteria used in the explore report). Once the cohort is saved, you can use it in reports to do further analysis. 

Hope this helps! 

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

@reemelkateb You can do this in the Explore report. There you can add on your event, then click on the user that “did” text to change it to “did not”. This will then pull up the users that did not do [x] events in the last [x] days. Additionally, in the list below, you can change the view to show email or other properties needed. I have attached a screenshot of my dummy project to help see.

You can change to users that “Did Not” in the top left hand corner. To see their email, you can set the user property in list, or any additional properties needed.

I also wanted to share that if you want to save these groups of users, you can do that with Cohorts( you can use the same criteria used in the explore report). Once the cohort is saved, you can use it in reports to do further analysis. 

Hope this helps! 

Thank you so much for this!

Mixpanel