Question

Filter Users With Multiple Cities

Badge +1

I want to Filter users who have done activity from multiple Cities, or Region or Browser etc.

So I only want to users who performed an event from Multiple Cities.

Is there a way to get this in Mixpanel?

10 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @Affan :hand_splayed:

If what you’re trying to find out is the number of users who have done a certain event from different locations, you could use the Insights report like this:

In this example I see there are 1.6k users that watched a video from 2 different locations.

Let me know if this solves your question!

Thanks,

Anca

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hi @Affan : thanks for writing in. As Anca pointed out, we’ve recently launched a way for you to get the “distinct property value count per user”, which in the above screenshot tells us that 1.6K users did “Watch video” from 2 different cities, but what’s missing right now (and something that we are working on) is the ability to filter reports by users / create a cohort of users that did “Watch video” from 2 different cities.

I can update this thread when this is supported.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Moinak

Product @Mixpanel

Badge +1

@anca Thanks for this I will review this and will reach out to you if I am unable to do it.

Thanks for the wonderful quick support 🙂

Badge +1

@anca I am unable to find distribution in the drop-down of insights in most of the clients Mixpanel

Is it only available in some enterprise plans?

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

@Affan : this is still in a beta, and i’ve added all your projects into that beta.

Let me know if you still see any issues.

Hello, I am also trying to sort users who have accessed our platform from multiple cities but do not see any of the filter options mentioned above inside of Insights.  Is there something i’m missing?

Thanks!

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @RossF ,

I added some screenshots that I hope will help you build the query as shown in my initial reply:

Once you have selected to “Aggregate Properties per User > Distinct count”, you will have to select the property that indicates the city and select “Distribution”:

Let me know if you have any issues building this!

Thanks,

Anca

Ok got it… but there’s no way of actually seeing who the users are that are accessing the content from multiple cities?

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @RossF,

You could add a breakdown by Email in this report, provided you track that info on the user profile. Would this get you the answer you’re looking for?

Yup that helps, thanks!