Solved

Filter insights reports for events triggered by users older than 4 weeks.

• 24 December 2021
  • 1 reply

One of the key metrics of our SaaS business is a variant of stickiness (WAU/MAU). When we onboard new teams their activity is very high, eg. WAU/MAU is at 100%, but this drops over the first couple of weeks. Sadly the high initial activity leads to a very distorted picture for stickiness in weeks where we onboard a lot of new teams. Hence, I’d like to filter the report somehow or base WAUs and MAUs only on events that have been fired once the user has been with us for (1 or 2 or 3 or) 4 weeks, e.g. signed up > 4 weeks before the event was fired. I can’t wrap my head around how to set this up besides sending the time difference between sign up and event as an event property which feels like overkill since all necessary data should already be available in Mixpanel. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance and happy holidays,

Thomas

icon

Best answer by wintom 27 December 2021, 12:50

View original

1 reply

I believe I may have found the solution to my own problem. I created a custom event property as follows:

I can now filter events based on this property, e.g. to take into account only events where Days Since Signup is > 28. Please let me know if my thinking is flawed.

Best,

Thomas