Question

Events done by the Cohort in a particular time

• 9 March 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hello guys,

I’m not sure if this is possible but I’ll try to ask it here anyway.

Imagine I have a cohort “Active Users” defined by the condition “3 rides last 7 days”.

I can plot the number of Active Users in the insights report, which tells me the number of users in that particular timeframe. Example:

• January: 410 Active Users
  • February: 380 Active Users
  • March: 470 Active Users

Now I’d like to have more insight into this cohort on each particular month.

For instance, I’d like to plot the Average Screen Time (SUM event screen_view by param screen_duration divided by Active Users in the timeframe) done by the Active Users in that particular month using the Insights report. Example:

• January: 410 Active Users did x avg screen time
  • February: 380 Active Users did y avg screen time
  • March: 470 Active Users did z avg screen time

How can I achieve this using a single cohort like the one I mentioned?

Thanks in advance!

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hi @app_analytics_rocks 

Sorry it took so long to get back you about this.

If I’m reading this right, you should be able to create this report without needing to plot the cohort in the way you are.

If you simply create a report for usage broken down by your property (screen time) plotted over the months you need so will see your data. 

Then instead of plotting your cohort simply use it as a filter, now you will only see the events performed by those active users and it you will show you what you need.

Matt

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Thanks, @mattsmith !

I might be wrong but I believe setting it as a filter will filter to the current cohort users.

Looking back at my example, if we’re in march it will filter to the 470 users in that month, independently of the timeframe I’m looking at in the graph.

This basically means that the average screen time that I would be seeing in any month (eg january) would always correspond to the active users in the current month (march), whereas my intention is to get the avg screen time in january using the 410 users that were made up the active cohort in january