Question

Dashboard for external customers

Is it possible to limit a user’s ability to save, view, browse through Mixpanel (even in Consumer mode)? I want to create a dashboard mainly for viewing reports with no access to any of Mixpanel’s features? Just viewing rights, like Google Drive “View Only”.

6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi Sebastian,

The team confirmed the email digests can support up to 8 reports and your dashboard exceeds that number. I’ve logged a product gap to flag this limitation, so that we take it into account when we plan for new Dashboard enhancements.

If I can help with anything else, let me know!

Anca

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi @Sebastiaan,

I think the best solution for your use case would be setting up Email Digests from the dashboards you want to share with people outside your organization. 

Let me know if this works for you!

Best,

Anca

Hi Anca,

That doesn’t work because there is a CTA to the dashboard. And from the dashboard they can still edit and save new dashboards. How about creating a new project? “Consumers” can still save and create dashboard, go to Insights etc. So it’s not really useful for external use.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi @Sebastiaan 

I might have misunderstood your question. I thought you wanted to share the dashboard with people that did not have access to your Mixpanel instance at all. In that case, the CTA you mentioned would lead them to a page where they cannot access any of the data behind those dashboards.

One thing you could do is manage access at report /dashboard level as explained in this article. Is this a better fit for your use case?

Best,

Anca

Hi Anxa,

Thanks for your reply. Is it also possible to extend the email digest to show all reports from the dashboard? 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

How many reports do you have? Would be great to have a link to the dashboard you want to share, I’ll DM you.