Solved

Creating a cohort from a list of email addresses.

• 24 October 2019
  • 3 replies

Badge

Is there a way for me to create a cohort from a comma separated (or other delimited) list of email addresses? For example, in the Cohort builder, could I write a statement saying Email contains `abc@abc.com or def@abc.com`?

If not, what's the best way to do this? Using JQL?

icon

Best answer by Cassandra 25 March 2020, 07:11

Hi @viabledish,

Another option, if you have a comma separated list of exact email addresses (or cities per the example below), you should be able to paste the comma separated list in the string “equals” filter and click “select all matching” to select them all at once.

For really long lists (5k+) you may see an error saying a limit has been exceeded, suggesting the list is too long for this approach.

hope this helps!

Cassie

View original

3 replies

Badge

@stephanie_MixpanelTeam @cherise_Mixpanel Team @Maddie from Mixpanel CSM

Userlevel 3
Badge

hey there @viabledish

I do not think you can do multiple emails separated by commas to target emails. But you can create a cohort by target user properties or domain.

For example, picking multiple ones on the image below.

Targeting by email domain

Userlevel 1

Hi @viabledish,

Another option, if you have a comma separated list of exact email addresses (or cities per the example below), you should be able to paste the comma separated list in the string “equals” filter and click “select all matching” to select them all at once.

For really long lists (5k+) you may see an error saying a limit has been exceeded, suggesting the list is too long for this approach.

hope this helps!

Cassie