Question

Create cohort from aggregated retention data

• 10 September 2020
  • 2 replies

Hi dear community,

I'm trying to create a cohort for all users of a certain cohort A that retained 4+ weeks after their first login event. Actually, the functionality is right there but it seems it's not supported yet.

1. Does anyone know if it's going to be supported soon?
  2. Does anyone know a workaround?

Thank you,
Manuel

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@mbruschi —

You can currently create a cohort from retention data, based on a specific cohort, but not based off of average values. So if you are interested in looking at users that first logged in on October 10 and 4 weeks later were retained, you can do that. If you click on the square for the 4th week retention data point, you will see the option to create a cohort.

That said, you cannot create a cohort if you are clicking on a group within the “Average retention” row at the top. 

Does that help you achieve what you are looking to do?

Thank you @cherise. Unfortunately, what I was looking for is exactly either being able to create cohorts from averages or to create a cohort for e.g. the whole 4th week retention column across all rows.

I know I can create one for each row and then group all those created cohorts into one cohort, but it's a rather cumbersome and time consuming process, which we would prefer spending on analysing the data, instead of getting the data.

Hence I was looking if there is a less time consuming way.