Solved

Create a cohort based on sessions (length and day of the week)

• 7 January 2021
  • 2 replies

I would like to create a cohort of power users, who, for example:
-are using the platform at least 15 week days of the month
-their session is at least 4 hours long any day.

How is that possible, cohorts seem to be limited to people properties only?

icon

Best answer by cherise 21 January 2021, 00:47

@blntptr —

At this point, your first example is currently not possible, but the product is not far from being able to make it possible beyond what we are already doing, so I’ll certainly log a product gap on your behalf!

For the latter, do you have a “Session” event? Or would you need to use our Session End event? If the latter, our new cohorts builder (getting shipped imminently!) should allow filtering on the Session End event. With the new shipment, you will be able to create a cohort with the criteria Users who did Session End where duration > 4h.

Thanks for sharing this example use case!

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@blntptr —

At this point, your first example is currently not possible, but the product is not far from being able to make it possible beyond what we are already doing, so I’ll certainly log a product gap on your behalf!

For the latter, do you have a “Session” event? Or would you need to use our Session End event? If the latter, our new cohorts builder (getting shipped imminently!) should allow filtering on the Session End event. With the new shipment, you will be able to create a cohort with the criteria Users who did Session End where duration > 4h.

Thanks for sharing this example use case!

Thanks, Cherise,

May I know when the new release of the chort builder will happen?

Mixpanel