Solved

Connect JQL Report to Dashboard

• 3 September 2019
  • 6 replies

Badge

Is there a way to connect saved JQL Query Reports to the Mixpanel Dashboard? Perhaps include them into a formula?

icon

Best answer by stephanie 5 September 2019, 19:09

@sisrani Sorry for the confusion, I meant create a custom report in existing UI reports (Insights, Funnels, Retention, Flows, and more) and add them to Dashboards.

Adding JQL reports to your Dashboards is good feedback! I have gone ahead and posted an Idea on your behalf here and filed a product gap with our Engineering and Product Development team.

Make sure you are subscribed to the Idea  to get emailed updates on its progress.

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hi @sisrani, JQL queries cannot be displayed within Dashboards. The only way to visually see these reports would be to create a custom report and add it to Dashboards.

I am curious to know why JQL was a more useful tool to use rather than one of our other reports. With this in formation I can log a product gap on your behalf with our Product and Engineering team. I would appreciate as much detail as possible!

Badge

Hi @stephanie_MixpanelTeam,

To give you a bit more context i wanted to build a retention analysis report that calculated the number of days between the user signing up and when they last used the app. The intention here is to get a sense of the average lifecycle as well as provide some color around churn. From what I see, there’s no way to do that with MP so I created a JQL report.

Badge

Also @stephanie_MixpanelTeam You mentioned that I would need to build a Custom Report in order to include my JQL report within Dashboards. How would I go about doing that? I’m not seeing any ability to create a Custom Report within the JQL interface or the MP Admin interface.

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

@sisrani Sorry for the confusion, I meant create a custom report in existing UI reports (Insights, Funnels, Retention, Flows, and more) and add them to Dashboards.

Adding JQL reports to your Dashboards is good feedback! I have gone ahead and posted an Idea on your behalf here and filed a product gap with our Engineering and Product Development team.

Make sure you are subscribed to the Idea  to get emailed updates on its progress.

Is there any updates to this? 

It is great to be able to create JQL queries but it is missing the point if I can not leverage the data and add it to the dashboard. Right now I am just trying to do very basic things like get a count of number of companies that have signed up to our service. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

@jakob.berglund@flatfrog.com no updates at the moment but if you subscribe to the updates on the idea that Stephanie posted and linked above you’ll be be notified of progress.

Mixpanel