Solved

Average elapsed time between two flow steps?

• 24 April 2019
  • 3 replies

Badge

Is it possible to know elapsed time for a given sequence of steps in a flow chart?

I know that flows converge and diverge but when I click on an event just a single path get highlighted. In that very moment the flow is identified so every users have triggered the same events, so technically it is possible to get an average elapsed time between each step or the whole flow from step 1 to step n.

Is it anyway to measure that or access that info?

icon

Best answer by stephanie 30 April 2019, 21:56

Hi @RubenTJ, Stephanie here from Mixpanel!

Currently there isn't a way to see the average time between two flow steps in our Flows report. I think this is a great feedback on our Flows report! Mind posting this in the ideas section (rather than Q&A) so that it can get some votes from the community and better visibility from our product team? Adding the topic tag of "Flows" might also help for better search-ability.

As a slight workaround, you could use Funnels to accomplish this in the meantime. If you create a two-step Funnel, and then click on the name of the second event you should be able to see the average time to complete an event in the UI. Please take a look at this community post on how to see "Time from prev. step Avg/Median" inside our Funnels report share by James https://community.mixpanel.com/questions/1735/no-longer-be-able-to-see-time-between-events-in-a.html

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Hi @RubenTJ, Stephanie here from Mixpanel!

Currently there isn't a way to see the average time between two flow steps in our Flows report. I think this is a great feedback on our Flows report! Mind posting this in the ideas section (rather than Q&A) so that it can get some votes from the community and better visibility from our product team? Adding the topic tag of "Flows" might also help for better search-ability.

As a slight workaround, you could use Funnels to accomplish this in the meantime. If you create a two-step Funnel, and then click on the name of the second event you should be able to see the average time to complete an event in the UI. Please take a look at this community post on how to see "Time from prev. step Avg/Median" inside our Funnels report share by James https://community.mixpanel.com/questions/1735/no-longer-be-able-to-see-time-between-events-in-a.html

Userlevel 4
Badge

+1 for this feature. The single most important/telling metric is time. Time is universal, and widely understood, making it a great anchor for may reports.

Time to complete a conversion (or Flow) in a product can be tied back to business goals and revenue calculations.

If employees use a product to complete "Flow X," and we pay the employees $30/hour to complete 'Flow X,' and 'Flow X' generates $100 of revenue each time it is completed, we can easily increase ROI by making 'Flow X' faster. It would be nice to see if design tweaks are making 'Flow X' faster or slower, and thus, more or less profitable.

Flows would benefit from the ability to assign them custom values (such has revenue generated) and the ability to track variables (such as time to complete).

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

@RubenTJ @jyoung@carekinesis.com Thank you both for this feedback on our Flows report. I have gone ahead and filed a product gap on your behalf with our Engineering and Product Development team here. Make sure you are following the Idea - via the Follow button in the right hand column - to get emailed updates on its progress.