Solved

At least 1 event per day for a number of days

• 26 June 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi,

I was trying to find users that fit the following segments, but wasn’t sure how to represent that using the filters and conditions on Mixpanel. 

Segment 1: Users who have used the app 20+ days in the last 30 (In detail, users who fire at least 1 ‘any event’ for a day and also does this for any 20+ days in the last 30 days range)

Segment 2: Users who have used the app less than 8 days in the last 30 days (Similar to the previous, but the user has fired at least 1 ‘any event’ for a day and only did this for less than 8 days in the last 30 days) 

For both these segments, I need to export a csv list of users that match those criteria (cohort) so that we can target these users with special promotions or retain them if possible.

I couldn’t do total events count as a way to count it because it needs to counted uniquely per day and not like 30 in one day. 

One way I thought might be possible is to add ‘AND’ filters for a ‘any event’ on every day using fixed date range of a single day, but that’s just hardcoding it and I would need to update the dates every time I want to run this report. Also, using this approach, I can’t really do the ‘any 8 or 20 days out of 30 day range’.

I looked at Retention, but didn’t seem like it was possible with it either.  

icon

Best answer by Muffaddal Qutbuddin 30 June 2021, 08:22

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

The closes we can get is by using multiple Ands as you said. Use ‘since’ instead of fixed data range to get updated report.

Though we can’t do ‘any 8’ with this.