Solved

Anomaly Detection

• 12 February 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi,

I read some info about the Anomaly Detection and it’s seems to be a very interesting tool!

Can you please share-

1. if MixPanel find an anomaly - which kind of explanations Mixpanel provide? in which granularity?  
  2. Can i take some kind of an action based on the Anomaly in the notification page? (is there any recommendation from your side what to do next? or call to action button?)
  3. How many notifications we get per day? how is it prioritized? 
  4. Should i set the metrics and goals before so you so you will send me only anomalies that related to my KPIs, or you will send all anomalies found? 

Thanks

icon

Best answer by stephanie 14 February 2020, 01:07

View original

3 replies

Hi,

I read some info about the Anomaly Detection and it’s seems to be a very interesting tool!

Can you please share-

1. if MixPanel find an anomaly - which kind of explanations Mixpanel provide? in which granularity?  
  2. Can i take some kind of an action based on the Anomaly in the notification page? (is there any recommendation from your side what to do next? or call to action button?)
  3. How many notifications we get per day? how is it prioritized? 
  4. Should i set the metrics and goals before so you so you will send me only anomalies that related to my KPIs, or you will send all anomalies found? 

Thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hi @Maayanc8,

Regarding your first two questions, Anomaly Detection uncovers data irregularities and will present them in the Notifications center. Clicking on an anomaly will direct you to the specific location of the report where the anomaly was detected (examples here). Additionally, Mixpanel Explains will provide an explanation to the anomaly, helping diagnose and address discrepancies. To get more details on automatic insights, you can take a looks here

The amount of notifications vary as alerts will be shown when significant driving segments are found. Lastly, Anomaly Detection will send all detected important changes in data. They surface important insights and issues automatically, saving time when analyzing data. You may have seen this already but I wanted to share that you could set custom alerts as well (read more here).

Hope this help! 

It would be useful to mark if the feature mentioned in the community answers is deprecated already or not. Stumble upon this a few times -- frustrating :(