Solved

ALL events BEFORE a specific event

• 27 September 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi all,

I’m looking into getting an overview of all events (or a specific event) that happen until a specific event has been triggered.

E.g:

Show me which events a user triggers before upgrading to a different plan.
OR

Show me how many times a user triggered a specific event before upgrading to a different plan.

Meaning that I’m only looking at events before a specific other event.

Currently the best way to tackle this imo would be to create a cohort that looks like this and deploy it on the “insights report”.

Happy to hear if there are any other suggestions?

Kind regards,

icon

Best answer by Jaz-CommunityManager 28 September 2021, 13:24

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi @Glnishuman thanks for posting, the easiest way of doing this would be using our flows report where you can enter the event as the “ending” event as shown in the sample dataset here and pictured below. Let me know if this works for your use case?

Alternatively, you can create a cohort of folks who upgraded to a different plan within a time frame and then use that cohort to filter the flows report I’ve mentioned above.

Userlevel 1

Hi Jaz,

Thanks for the help.
Flows wouldn’t work as I would need to “define” the number of events I’d like to so.
What I’m actually looking for is an average count per event per user for every user in the cohort.

Meaning:

• How many times was event A triggered on average before upgrading
  • How many times was event B triggered on average before upgrading
  • How many times was event C triggered on average before upgrading
  • How many times was event Z triggered on average before upgrading

I would like to get an understanding of what happens before a key event for the entire population (cohort) that goes through that journey.

Does this clarify my need?

Kind regards,

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi @Glnishuman thanks for clarifying this definitely helps! You can try 2 things:

Frequency in funnels will show you how many times a user has done a step before moving to the next. You can then create cohorts of folks. You can filter your funnel report with your initial cohort.

Insights will show you the average number of times they have triggered an event by changing the data function.

Alternatively, you can filter and insights report with your cohort and show the average like here and pictured below. Let me know if any of these help?