Solved

ADAU Calculation

• 3 March 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi,

I wanted to see how I can get a metric for ADAU. I can currently see DAU for the past 30 days broken down by days. Is there a way to see the average of those 30 days? 

Thank you!

Kazi

icon

Best answer by stephanie 5 March 2020, 22:28

Hi @kazi48,

While we do not have a straightforward way to look at the ADAU in Mixpanel, I created this Insights report on my dummy project which might help achieve what you are looking for. The following screenshot shows the key changes I made in my report.

I set "App Open" as the event and select "DAU", update the chart to "Rolling" and set a "7 days rolling period". With this, the value reported at each day in the line graph is the average of the values from the 7 days leading to that day. Also, you can toggle "7 days rolling period" to 14 days or 28 days and you will notice that the line graph smooth out over a longer rolling period. 

Is there a way to see the average of those 30 days? 

To answer this original question, following by example above, you can keep the initial changes in Insights report and update to "28 days rolling period". With this, you get the ADAU in the last 28 days when you hover over the last point on the line graph. It is not "in the last 30 days" per your question but this is the closest workarounds we have for your case. 

This article explains in much more through in details on the rolling range calculations.

Hope this helps get achieve your ADAU!

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hi @kazi48,

While we do not have a straightforward way to look at the ADAU in Mixpanel, I created this Insights report on my dummy project which might help achieve what you are looking for. The following screenshot shows the key changes I made in my report.

I set "App Open" as the event and select "DAU", update the chart to "Rolling" and set a "7 days rolling period". With this, the value reported at each day in the line graph is the average of the values from the 7 days leading to that day. Also, you can toggle "7 days rolling period" to 14 days or 28 days and you will notice that the line graph smooth out over a longer rolling period. 

Is there a way to see the average of those 30 days? 

To answer this original question, following by example above, you can keep the initial changes in Insights report and update to "28 days rolling period". With this, you get the ADAU in the last 28 days when you hover over the last point on the line graph. It is not "in the last 30 days" per your question but this is the closest workarounds we have for your case. 

This article explains in much more through in details on the rolling range calculations.

Hope this helps get achieve your ADAU!