Solved

Activation Rate From My Visitors By Excluding current customers

• 26 August 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi there,

I’m looking to define my “AARRR” funnel. 

I’m currently working on acquisition. 

To start simple, I’m looking to know how many of my visitors do convert in demo or free trial. 

In events: “Website Visited” => Demo / Account Created”

However, in those website visited, I have many people who already converted 3 months ago and come again on the website to login. By doing this, they make my stats lower. 

I’m looking for a solution to exclude my current customers to get better stats. Do you have any ideas?

icon

Best answer by mattsmith 26 August 2020, 16:52

Hi @robin 

The best thing to do here is to work out a way to define users who either are “New” or “Already Converted”.

For example, you could create a Cohort for all of your users who have already completed “Demo / Account Created” and then add that Cohort as a filter to your Funnel. This would ensure the users in that funnel are always new, and have never created an account before. Make sure the dates for “Account Created” in your cohort are set to be before the start of your Funnel. For example if your funnel is “Last 30 days” make sure your cohort is dates between “Day you started tracking data, and 30+1 days ago” you can make the “between” date range as a rolling range so it will constantly be updated.

The great thing about Cohorts it that once you set one up it is entirely dynamic. This means as soon as a user triggers the event for “Account Created” they become part of your cohort and get excluded from your funnel.

Thanks a lot,

Matt

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi @robin 

The best thing to do here is to work out a way to define users who either are “New” or “Already Converted”.

For example, you could create a Cohort for all of your users who have already completed “Demo / Account Created” and then add that Cohort as a filter to your Funnel. This would ensure the users in that funnel are always new, and have never created an account before. Make sure the dates for “Account Created” in your cohort are set to be before the start of your Funnel. For example if your funnel is “Last 30 days” make sure your cohort is dates between “Day you started tracking data, and 30+1 days ago” you can make the “between” date range as a rolling range so it will constantly be updated.

The great thing about Cohorts it that once you set one up it is entirely dynamic. This means as soon as a user triggers the event for “Account Created” they become part of your cohort and get excluded from your funnel.

Thanks a lot,

Matt

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Excellent than you! I was stuck on this date parameters.