Sticky QBQ Champion Spotlight

QBQ Champion Spotlight: Click to meet @arpitc!

• 17 October 2020
  • 4 replies
QBQ Champion Spotlight: Click to meet @arpitc!
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
  • Mixpanel Community Team
  • 386 replies

Have you noticed our Champions in the Community? You’ve probably seen their usernames at the top of the leaderboard! Over the next few weeks, I will be announcing all of our QBQ Champions to tell you a bit more about the person behind the username.

Meet one of our selected QBQ Champions, Arpit!

[Otherwise known as @arpitc in QBQ]

1. Please tell us a bit about your role

Until recently, I was heading growth at Integromat and that's where I had the opportunity to use Mixpanel for a fast growing product with hundreds of thousands of users. Now, I use Mixpanel for my own project, Data-led Academy, a place for anybody to learn how to work with data and stay updated on the latest tools and technologies in the space.

2. What Mixpanel reports are you currently using to support your business?

I primarily use insights and funnels which are great to understand user personas and their behaviour respectively.

3. Where are you seeing the biggest value from Mixpanel?

The ability to follow the user journey and identify points of friction is the most valuable thing Mixpanel offers.

4. What is your favorite productivity tool?
Integromat

5. How do you balance work and personal life?

I have begun using my calendar heavily and recently started using a tool called Reclaim that enables you to connect your personal and work calendars and reclaim time for habits and important tasks. Besides that, I only work in my office (a dedicated room in my apartment) and have notifications turned off for all apps.

6. What are you usually doing at 11am on a Saturday?

Running chores or playing with Junior, my dog.

7. What is your favorite hobby? or what do you do to relax?

Dancing to loud music.

8. Do you have any additional or fun information you'd like to share as it relates to your experience with Mixpanel?

Well, my experience setting up Mixpanel at Integromat led me to create my side-project, Data-led Academy. I believe anybody starting their product analytics journey can benefit from the content and templates I offer. 

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @arpitc,

So nice to meet you! Thanks for sharing a little bit about yourself. I personally learned about Integromat from a customer I used to work with at my previous job and really loved the UI and how powerful the tool was. 

I liked the distinction you make on Data-led Academy - between being data-led versus data-driven. Would you say data-led is the same as data-informed?

And I have one more curiosity: what role do cohorts play in your process to build personas? 

Thanks,
Anca

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Wow thank you for this awesome intro @cherise, not sure why I didn’t get notified about this earlier. In any case, I’m super excited to be one of the QBQ champions!

Hey ​​​​@anca, nice to meet you too! And yeah Integromat is a pretty awesome tool and they got acquired for $100M+ last week.  

Regarding being data-led, yes I would say it is on the lines of being data-informed. However, one can be data-informed even without knowing how to work with data at all (someone else just provides the data and they have no choice but to trust it). On the other hand, being data-led would mean that one has a good understanding of all aspects of data and feel comfortable working with it. 

For instance, Trifacta (where I’m a PMM now) offers a really powerful data wrangling (transformation) tool that enables one to manipulate and make sense of complex data sets without the need to know SQL or Python. Being able to clean and prepare data for analysis or activation is a great example of being able to work with data.  

Regarding cohorts, I think they are really great when you product has a bunch of different use cases (or caters to a wide array of industries) and you wish to understand how each of group uses your product or what leads them to perform desired actions. Integromat, being a horizontal automation tool, catered to a ton of different industries and it was always great to see how folks from each of those industries used the product. 

Right now, at Data-led Academy, I cater to a very niche audience so I don’t have a ton of different cohorts to analyze by. Hope that makes sense. 

Cheers!

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hi @arpitc ! Nice to meet you, I’m Moinak and I am a PM working on our analysis reports. Thank you for everything that you do in QBQ, and let us know how we can improve the product to better serve your needs and/or if you are interested in collaborating with the product team more closely in new product research / closed betas.

Cheers!

Nice to meet you, Arpit! Thanks for all your contributions to the Mixpanel community thus far.