Mixpanel's iOS App is No Longer Supported

• 25 June 2021
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi everyone,

I’m writing to let you know that as of June 25th, 2021, Mixpanel will no longer support its iOS App.  This refers only to Mixpanel's mobile app itself, not Mixpanel's ability to track data and report on usage of other iOS apps.  I wanted to provide some context on this decision, as well as a place to provide your feedback.  Please read below for more details:

Why is the App being Deprecated?

We released the iOS app in late 2019 to provide mobile dashboards for our customers.  While the app was successful in this goal, adoption, unfortunately, has remained low.  Meanwhile, we've been slowly updating all of our charts in preparation for a refreshed dashboard experience on mixpanel.com.  The app is now out of date due to these changes, resulting in a poor experience. Ultimately, we want to focus our efforts on areas that will deliver far more value to you, like the aforementioned dashboards refresh, hence our decision to discontinue our support for the app.

How does this affect me?

If you have the app installed already, feel free to continue using it.  However, over time, it may fail to load data more often, or you may encounter other bugs and crashes.

If you do not have the app installed, you will not be able to download it as it is no longer listed on the App Store.

How can I check on my metrics from mobile?

While Mixpanel doesn't offer a dedicated mobile app, feel free to access mixpanel.com on your mobile browser.  You may wish to bookmark important dashboards or reports in order to be able to reach them quickly.  Both iOS and Android also support placing bookmarked websites as icons on the home screen, for greater expediency.  

Please let me know any questions, concerns, or feedback in this thread!

Best,

Brandon

0 replies

Be the first to reply!