Sticky QBQ CHAMPION SPOTLIGHT

Click to meet @scottk, our QBQ Champion of the week!

• 8 January 2021
  • 1 reply
Click to meet @scottk, our QBQ Champion of the week!
Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Have you noticed our Champions in the Community? You’ve probably seen their usernames at the top of the leaderboard! Over the next few weeks, I will be announcing all of our QBQ Champions to tell you a bit more about the person behind the username.

Meet one of our selected QBQ Champions, Scott

[Known as @scottk  in QBQ]

1. Please tell us a bit about your role

I am a full stack software engineer and team lead working in a fast paced agile development environment. On a typical week, I’m working with my User Experience Designer, Product Manager and Architect to help define exciting new features.  I build the technical requirements for our features as well as implement them along side the rest of my development team.   I introduced my organization to Mixpanel almost 8 years ago and since then have led both in guidance and in implementation use through several product lines, systems, services and mobile applications.

2. What Mixpanel reports are you currently using to support your business?

My team ships new features on a daily basis and we use Mixpanel to measure how quickly they are used and how successful we are.  As a whole, across our business, we use Mixpanel to help measure adoption, retention and engagement of our solutions.

3. Where are you seeing the biggest value from Mixpanel?

Being able to measure user and customer retention is by far is the biggest value.  It helps us recover inactive users, focus on improving areas of inactivity, and can provide direction in our priorities.  

4. What is your favorite productivity tool?

Slack is amazing and for almost everything so much that it can also be a terrible habit.  I’ve recently starting using the Outlook Calendar integration and it’s been a game changer to me for automatic Slack status updates and meeting reminders.

5. How do you balance work and personal life?

After being in this field for several years I realize there is never a finish line with software development. There’s only the next feature to build, the next milestone meet or the next defect fix.  I try to keep to a scheduled work day and try not to work outside those bounds. 

It is still difficult given that a lot of work can be done with just a phone.

6. What are you usually doing at 11am on a Saturday?

These days I’m either chasing after my small kids or at park for them to play.

7. What is your favorite hobby? or what do you do to relax?

I am a avid sailboat racer with 20 years of experience, I love any time on the water and experiencing the ocean wildlife.

8. Do you have any additional or fun information you'd like to share as it relates to your experience with Mixpanel?

It’s a rare day for me to not have logged into Mixpanel and I love seeing my colleagues have the same experience.  

When my organization shares a success using insights that can only be learned through Mixpanel, its amazing to have that connection and that impact.   

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Thank you so much for this! @cherise 

Mixpanel