Sticky QBQ CHAMPION SPOTLIGHT

Click to meet @aaron, our QBQ Champion of the week!

• 13 January 2021
  • 0 replies
Click to meet @aaron, our QBQ Champion of the week!
Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Have you noticed our Champions in the Community? You’ve probably seen their usernames at the top of the leaderboard! Over the next few weeks, I will be announcing all of our QBQ Champions to tell you a bit more about the person behind the username.

Meet one of our selected QBQ Champions, Aaron

[Known as @aaron  in QBQ]

1. Please tell us a bit about your role

I'm the CEO at CiteRight, a legal tech startup that makes research collaboration tools for litigators. I'm trained as a lawyer and in many ways the product we've built is the one I wished I'd had when I was in active practice. Since our company is still small (7 people) my job is a mix of things. In addition to setting the overall strategic direction of the company I lead our sales and marketing efforts, and I've also become the de facto data analyst for the team. I brought Mixpanel into the company early on when we realized we needed to make data-driven decisions that were informed by what our users were doing in our app. 

2. What Mixpanel reports are you currently using to support your business?

We use insights very frequently. We count meaningful activities (an aggregation of lots of different individual events), and we use the formula tool to translate those events into dollar values so that we can help our customers understand the value of our tools. However, we've also used mixpanel to diagnose bugs, track the overall adoption of new product versions across our customer base, and pull reports on unusual/outlier behavior that might hint at new product directions. 

3. Where are you seeing the biggest value from Mixpanel?

Nothing else comes close to giving us the kind of real-time data we need to make informed decisions about our product development and our business. When we adopted mixpanel, I wrote a short manifesto on why we were spending time and resources to build out analytics.

We wanted a tool that would help us: 

1. Improve user-level retention and success - give us the data to implement a customer success framework like AARRR. Allow us to quantify terms like "acquisition, activation", etc, and allow us to measure those terms so that we can improve them. 
2. Design a better product - Track user behavior inside our application so that we can learn about what behaviors they do most frequently, and so that we have data to drive our product development cycle.
3. Improve customer-level success - Compile usage data to present to the customer (could be the user, but not necessarily, especially in an enterprise context), as evidence that the product is working and that the customer is deriving value from our software. Give the customer enough data to convince them to move from trial to long-term subscription (and from small seat count to larger seat count).
4. Substitute for features we haven’t built yet - Provide end-user analytics until we have the internal functionality to do the same thing.

4. What is your favorite productivity tool?

Textexpander

5. How do you balance work and personal life?

It's tough!

6. What are you usually doing at 11am on a Saturday?

I'm shomer shabbos, so usually sleeping in (if the kids let me) 

7. What is your favorite hobby? or what do you do to relax?

I have 2 kids and a startup, so I don't have a lot of hobbies these days. Any time away from the computer and spending time with my family when I'm really, truly engaged with them (computer turned off, phone put away) is a blessing and a joy.  

0 replies

Be the first to reply!

Mixpanel