Solved

Is there a way I can combine project data from two separate projects?

• 25 September 2018
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

hello. We have a project with a bunch of irrelevant events right now, so we started a new project. However, we're still interested in the data from the old events ... is there a way to combine my projects?

icon

Best answer by pierre 8 October 2018, 09:44

Hi @dianneb,

Mixpanel is currently working on a feature called "Rollup Projects" allowing to create a new project combining data of multiple projects. I think it does exactly what you need, without any effort ! The beta is already on going so it shouldn't be too long before a release.

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @dianneb. Found this article in their help center: https://help.mixpanel.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004493763-Merge-Or-Combine-Mixpanel-Projects

Looks like you would have to export your data from the old project, import it into the new project, and stop sending data to the old one.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @dianneb,

Mixpanel is currently working on a feature called "Rollup Projects" allowing to create a new project combining data of multiple projects. I think it does exactly what you need, without any effort ! The beta is already on going so it shouldn't be too long before a release.

Userlevel 2
Badge

This sounded awesome - checked with Support. Apparently it's only a feature for Enterprise customers. Sigh

Badge +1

This is a great news 🙂 I have a use case for this feature.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hi Everyone, 

We made the product decision to not move rollup projects past the beta stage, that being said we are still working on the best approach to resolve situations like these so I encourage you to share your ideas and specific use-cases with us in our Ideas Category

Every idea that you submit is shared with our Product Managers, and it helps us make informed decisions around the features that we ship. Additionally, when you share your ideas, we may contact you to join betas early if we know that it will meet your needs!

Please let me know if you have any questions,

Cherise