Question

How do I activate this mixpanel messaging product?

• 14 August 2020
  • 5 replies

I am planning to take Growth Plan. Is the messaging product available under Growth plan?

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

@rashi — Messages are currently available as an add-on with the Growth plan.

I am unable to get the option under add-on. The mixpanel team says they have discontinued the product.

Hi Cherise, do you have an update as to whether the ability to email users is still included in Mixpanel’s Growth plan? I’m happy to upgrade and get the add-on if necessary but want to make sure that the emailing product is still available

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

@jaimedeverall

If your current plan has Messages and Experiments, you would find it in the top Nav:

That said,  we are not investing further in our Messages & Experiments feature, and it is not available anymore to new customers or plans.

We made this decision so that we can focus all of our resources on product analytics. This has always been Mixpanel's foundation, and before long, every company in the world will be using this technology. We see near-limitless opportunity for making analysis simpler, faster and more powerful, and are excited about the capabilities we can unlock for our customers by dedicating all of our time here.

We recommend pairing Mixpanel’s product analytics with engagement marketing from one of our partners. Our preferred messaging partners Airship, Insider, Iterable, Leanplum, MoEngage, OneSignal all have strong bi-directional integrations with Mixpanel, and more partners can be found on our Integrations Directory.

It is amazing to me that your docs still have a bunch of stuff on setting up notifications for android & iOS (which I just went through) but that I have to find out I can’t use it after searching the forum here...what a waste of time.

Mixpanel