Question

Can't access mixpanel from VPN?

• 9 May 2020
  • 1 reply

I always use a VPN because I regularly work from different shared networks. When I’m on my VPN, mixpanel doesn’t load. I just get a blank white screen. If I do “view source” there is code there, though. I’m using NordVPN. 

Any ideas to fix this? I don’t like the idea of turning off my VPN every time I need to go to Mixpanel. 

1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi there! From a brief search, it looks like NordVPN blocks trackers which might explain why you can’t load anything while on VPN. 

It’s possible that NordVPN could be blocking all traffic from/to the domain mixpanel.com.

If you’re able to personalize this firewall/blocker for your account, you can whitelist Mixpanel moving forward.

If there isn’t an option for you to personalize firewalls/blockers and it’s a general setting across all users using NordVPN, you can possibly reach out to them and let them know that Mixpanel performs all our tracking with the following endpoints: api.mixpanel.com and api-js.mixpanel.com. They could block just those hosts instead of blocking all general access to www.mixpanel.com

I hope this helps a bit!

Mixpanel